Château de Chantilly Tour from Paris Including the Great Stables of the Prince de Conde and a Renaissance-Style Meal
8 hours (approx.)
Small group or private!
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience the grandeur of European nobility on a 6-hour trip from Paris to the Prince de Conde estate and Château de Chantilly. Discover the Great Stables and Horse Museum at the Prince de Conde estate. Admire the art collection at the Château de Chantilly, followed by a delicious Renaissance-style meal. Immerse yourself in history and culture while exploring the lush grounds of the estate, visiting the Great Stables, and touring the magnificent Château de Chantilly. Enjoy a unique and unforgettable day trip!
- 6-hour trip from Paris to Prince de Conde estate and Château de Chantilly including a meal
- Enjoy a Renaissance-style meal (lunch or dinner, depending on the timing of your visit) in one of the Chantilly restaurants
- Explore the lush grounds of the estate of the Prince de Conde
- Visit the Prince de Conde’s Great Stables, still an equestrian center to this day
- See the impressive Château de Chantilly and its excellent art collection
What To Expect
Explore the world of illuminated manuscripts and rare books on this visit to the library of the Condé museum of Chantilly. With almost 1,500 manuscripts, it is the second largest library in France for illuminated manuscripts after the National Library of France.
Be mesmerized by the Très Riches Heures of Jean, Duc de Berry, one of the most precious manuscripts in the library and archives of the Condé museum. Regarded as the most beautiful manuscript in the world and referred to as “The King of Manuscripts” by the Duke of Aumale. Discover the huge collection of over 60,000 volumes of books in this library, a treasure trove of knowledge and culture.
Take a stroll through the famous gardens of the Château de Chantilly, with an overall surface area of 115 hectares. The gardens are the result of several creations according to the fashion of each period: the French-style garden created by André Le Nôtre in the 17th century, the Anglo- Chinese Garden in the 18th century and the English Garden in the 19th century. These grounds provide a unique testament to the relationship between men and nature in the western world over more than three centuries.
Admire the masterpieces from Raphael, Poussin, and other artists in the stunning gallery before sitting down for a three-course lunch in a beautiful restaurant. The meal includes a starter, main course and desert. The tour concludes with a trip back to Paris, where you’ll have memories and stories to share of your visit to the Château de Chantilly.
Includes a multicourse gourmet lunch of regional specialties
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Roundtrip private transfer
Audio guide in certain places
Dress accordingly for the weather conditions outside.
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
Even if tours are private there might be additional groups which impact waiting times in certain places.
Please note that the pickup time will be sent to you within 24 hours before the start of the tour.
• You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
• For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
• If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
• Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
• Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
• This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.