Wine tasting tour in Loire Valley with castle visits and lunch
12 hours (approx.)
Small group or private!
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Bask in the glorious landscapes of the Loire Valley during this full-day wine-focused trip from Paris. Visit the historic Château d’Amboise, where Leonardo da Vinci is buried, and the surrounding town. Enjoy a 3-course lunch at a local restaurant and sample local wines during a tasting at a local winery while you hear commentary from wine producers. Numbers are limited to six people on this small-group tour, ensuring you spend an intimate day with like-minded wine lovers.
- Visit the historic Château d’Amboise for an audioguided tour and explore the town
- If Amboise is closed, similar castles like Chambord or Cheverny are visited instead
- Feast on a multi-course lunch of regional specialties at a local restaurant
- Tour a Loire Valley wineries and sample different wines
- Small-group tour limited to six people for personalized attention
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your Paris hotel included
What To Expect
Uncork the flavors of the Loire Valley on this wine-soaked adventure from Paris! Get ready to indulge in the picturesque landscapes of the region, as you embark on a full-day journey filled with delicious wines and historic landmarks.
First, we’ll pay a visit to the iconic Château d’Amboise, the final resting place of the legendary Leonardo da Vinci. As we explore the town and take an audioguided tour of the castle, you’ll learn about the rich history and culture of the area. If Château d’Amboise is closed, we’ll visit similar castles like Chambord or Cheverny instead.
Next, we’ll indulge in a mouth-watering 3-course lunch at a local restaurant, featuring regional specialties that are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
After lunch, we’ll head to a local winery, where you’ll have the opportunity to sample some of the finest wines the Loire Valley has to offer. Our expert wine producer will provide commentary on the different wines and the region’s winemaking history.
With a small group of only six people, this tour ensures a personalized and intimate experience for all. Hotel pickup and drop-off from your Paris hotel is included, so all you have to worry about is sipping, savoring and relishing the flavors of the Loire Valley. So, pack your bags, grab your wine glasses, and join us on this unforgettable wine-tasting journey!
Includes a multicourse gourmet lunch of regional specialties
Tastings in different places!
A small group of up to 8 people
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Cellars tour and tasting at one of famous champagne houses
Dress accordingly for the weather conditions outside
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
Even if tours are private there might be additional groups which impact waiting times in certain places
Please note that the pickup time will be sent to you within 24 hours before the start of the tour
• You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
• For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
• If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
• Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
• Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
• This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.