Champagne Area Small Group Day Trip with Cellar Visits & Tastings from Paris
10 hours (approx.)
Small group or private!
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
OverviewExperience the beauty and history of the Champagne region with us on a tour of renowned Champagne houses. You’ll have the opportunity to visit one of these houses Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, G.H. Mumm, Pommery, or Mercier (subject to availability) and learn about the production processes and history of Champagne while touring the cellars at these esteemed estates as well as other house like a cooperative or a family owned estate. You’ll also have the chance to taste a variety of Champagne during tastings at each location and indulge in a delicious 3-course French lunch featuring regional specialties at a local restaurant. In addition to the champagne and culinary delights, you’ll get to take in the stunning scenery of the region as you travel and have a third tasting surrounded by vineyards so you could sample some grapes. Round-trip hotel transfers and access to all houses are included. Don’t miss out on this comprehensive and memorable excursion from Paris!
- Visit esteemed Champagne house, such as Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, G.H. Mumm, Pommery, or Mercier (subject to availability)
- Learn about the production methods and history of Champagne while touring the cellar s at these renowned estates
- Savor a variety of Champagne during tastings at each location
- Indulge in a 3-course French lunch featuring regional specialties at a local restaurant
- Experience the magic of champagne with us! Visit stunning champagne houses, taste an array of delicious bubbles, and take in the breathtaking scenery along the way.
- Enjoy round-trip hotel transfers and access to all houses included in the tour price
- Discover the delights of Champagne – both the drink and the region – on this comprehensive excursion from Paris
What To Expect
On this full-day tour, you will learn about the production of Champagne, including the types of grapes used and the méthode champenoise.
On this tour, you will have the chance to visit one of the famous Champagne houses in the region, such as Moët & Chandon, Taittinger, Veuve Clicquot, Mercier or others (subject to availability). You will be guided by a knowledgeable tour guide and accompanied by a small group of travellers as you explore the cellars and participate in tastings at these renowned estates. You will also have the opportunity to visit a cooperative and try its wines.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Paris in the morning and travel to the Champagne region east of the city. During the journey, you will be able to enjoy a croissant and learn about the history and heritage of the region.
You will pass through the vineyards of the Cote des Blancs, and Vallée de la Marne, and have the chance to appreciate the different landscapes which are showcased in our gallery!
Savour the delicious gastronomy of the region with a multi-course lunch before embarking on the scenic drive back. This tour offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the rich culture and history of the Champagne region, all while enjoying some of the world’s finest bubbly.
At the end of the tour, you will have a better understanding of the various types of Champagne, such as Blanc de Blancs, Blanc de Noirs, and Champagne rosé, as well as the distinction between Grands Crus and Premiers Crus and the concept of Champagne terroir. Finally, you will return to Paris in an air-conditioned minivan.
Up to 7 Glasses of Champagne
Includes a multicourse gourmet lunch of regional specialties
Three Tastings in three different places!
A small group of up to 8 people
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Cellars tour and tasting at one of famous champagne houses
Dress accordingly for the weather conditions outside
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
Even if tours are private there might be additional groups which impact waiting times in certain places
Please note that the pickup time will be sent to you within 24 hours before the start of the tour
• You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
• For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
• If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience!s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
• Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience!s start time will not be accepted.
• Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
• This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.